Thursday, June 7, 2012

How I survived for 3 Days Without my Glasses.

Long story short:  I never adjusted to the prescription I was given last year (felt like I was living in a fishbowl when I walked outside or down stairs lol), so I had a re-test and got a new prescription, and since I only got the frames in October of last year, I just needed the lenses replaced.  I dropped them off on Tuesday, and embarked on a "3 Days Without my Glasses" adventure.  Well it was really only 2, but I already wrote the title, and I'm too tired to go back and change it.

I'm nearsighted, which means I need glasses to see things at a distance, like TV, for example.  So I now have 2 days to fill with up-close distractions.  The no-brainer thing for me was to do first was to finish the book I had started:  The Chronicles of Harris Burdick.  I even took the time to review the book on GoodReads and Amazon!  That pretty much took up my Tuesday evening.

Wednesday I got up, reached for my glasses and remembered that I was in for a fun filled day of blurriness, contemplated just rolling over and going back to sleep, and then FINALLY talked myself into getting up and getting started on some much needed craft room organization.

The majority of the day was spent going through my mountain of scrapbook papers.  I have so many!  I was trying to match up some of my prints with some solids to see if any card ideas or layouts popped into my head.  They didn't.  Sigh.

After I got bored of that, I reorganized all the apps on my phone and sorted through about 8 gigs of music on my iTunes.  I like switching things up every once in a while, and I've been slacking on that front lately. 

I was lazy and just did leftovers for supper, and then tried to watch Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final, but when I'm not invested in either team, I could really care less about what's going on, ESPECIALLY when they all look like fuzzy blobs dancing on a whiteboard.  I gave up and went to bed.

Today I woke up, showered,  and discovered that I still had an old pair of contacts in a case in my makeup bag!  They felt similar to fine grain sandpaper, but I could see, so went to my meeting.  When that ended I popped over to Atlantic Fabrics to go look for some inexpensive fabric pieces so I could play with my sewing machine, when my phone rang.  So I went back to the car and had a much needed (and appreciated!) chat with my sister.

After that I decided I needed a Starbucks, so I went to the mall, got my Green Tea Lemonade & did a little shopping. 

Shortly after I got home, hubs appeared and we went to go get my precious glasses back!  They are SO much better now!  HUZZAH! 

So, in the end, it really wasn't so bad.  I was actually quite productive!  I'm still glad they're back in their rightful spot though.  Next time I'll remember to get new contacts FIRST ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment