Sunday, April 13, 2014

Guess what I did last night??


So, as many of you know, I have this wonderful friend named Norma who has a WIDE variety of hobbies and interests.  Earlier this year Norma gave me her ENTIRE collection of doll houses and all the furniture and accessories to go with them.  Anyway...
Last night Norma hosted a Medieval Dinner at her house, and asked that her guests come in costume.  I have been looking forward to this event since she first brought it up about a year ago.  We'll last night was the big night and I wanted to share some pictures with you all!

My costume:

I purchased my costume online at Costume Supercenter. I got a great deal on it since it's no where near Halloween lol

Jeff's costume:
Jeff made his own costume!  It's part of his grim reaper costume from Halloween a few years ago and he made the other parts out of leftover material from the Chevelle.  I was so happy he chose to dress up, he's such a good sport :)


This is Lady Barbi of Beech Manor!

Here is the Master of the house, Richard!  I'm sad this picture ended up blurry because his costume was fabulous! They rented it from the people who make the costumes for the Nova Scotia International Tattoo!


Here is the Queen herself, the lady of the manor, Norma!! Her dress was GORGEOUS!!!


Barbi and I


The Lord and Lady of Ram's Head Castle (because we drove there in the Ram lol)


1st course - Haddock and roast red onion salad
2nd course - Butternut squash soup
3rd course - Rendered goose breasts and legs with goose gravy, all stuffed with almonds, sage, and apples, served with herbed mushrooms (below)
Chef with 4th course - Suckling pig with pear jam stuffed with chestnut puree, aged Gruyere, served with saffron asparagus (below)
My plate before the pig was served

This is Melissa, the chef's wife, and our lovely server for the evening :)


I know that there are a bunch more pictures floating around, so I will make sure to add them as they find their way to my inbox. The food was absolutely as delicious as it looked! I had SO much fun!!!

Norma also made every guest a chainmaille keychain and cross! I tell ya, she's the hostess with the mostest!!!



Thanks for checking this out!!

3 comments:

  1. Sure was a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I can't wait to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! You look awesome! Right out of a book! :D Food looks dee-lish! :D

    ReplyDelete